Monday, February 24, 2014

Saturday Morning Catfish on the James River


I headed out to the Jamestown Ferry on Saturday morning to pick up a catfish dinner and try out my new Humminbird 561 Fishfinder. Mission accomplished on both accounts. Everyone has told me that a fishfinder would change the way I fish and I have to say that I agree. It was nice to know what depth I was casting into. I paddled around a bit to get a good picture of the bottom surface and then dropped a few lines in the area that i had scouted out. Within minutes I had hooked up to a smaller 18 inch Channel Cat. I proceeded to pull in two more around the same size, one a Blue Cat and the other one a Channel

Then I got ahold of this guy that came in around 25 inches. All of these fish were caught within a 2.5 hour time block using shrimp for bait.
I'm looking forward to getting out on some saltwater in the next month. Weather reports seem to indicate another cold spell and then things should start to get warmer... This means some trips out to CBBT.  Come on warm weather!  

No comments:

Post a Comment